Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
We will begin processing fall term requests on Wednesday, September 14th. The library will continue to have limited in person services at this time. Remember to bring a photo ID for checkout. Lending Library requests will have in person pick up or a mailing option with a shipping and handling fee of $8.00. We will be processing items on a first come, first served basis.
College Life (CL), and PCY books are available for requesting.
Important information to know:
- Lending Library Requests for Fall 2022 begin: Wednesday, September 14th, 2022 (in person, or by mail with a fee of $8.00)
- Lending Library Pickup:
- Materials can be picked up in person at Salem Campus, Yamhill Valley Campus, Polk Center, or the Woodburn Public Library.
- Bring a photo ID for checkout
- Allow 1 business day for processing if picking up at the Salem Campus and 3-4 business days to arrive at other locations.
- Materials can be mailed to you for a fee.
- The shipping and handling fee is $8.00
- Items are mailed Media Rate and can take 7-10 days to arrive.
- Mailed items will be shipped to the address that you have on file with the College.
- If you need to change your address go to My.Chemeketa (you can review and update your address under Personal Information).
- The address updates overnight in the College system. You will need to wait until the next day, for the Library system to update, in order to submit your hold request
- You must be registered for classes for the term you are requesting books for
- Login to request items using your MyChemeketa credentials
- Search and request in the Library Search Box below or at librarysearch.chemeketa.edu
Using the Primo Library Search
You can search by course number or by title.
Searching by course number
- Type in the course number with no spaces, e.g., MTH111, and Enter
- A list of items will appear
- PCY and College Lending (CL) items are requestable
- College Lending items have numbers with the prefix “CL”
- TRIO item have numbers with the prefix "TRIO" and are requestable starting October 3
- Yamhill Valley Campus items have numbers with the prefix "PCY"
- There can be multiple locations; the “CL” location may not show on the results page; click the “Available at” message to see all the locations
- In some cases, there may be multiple sections of a course using different texts, so you may want to check the textbook search at bookstore.chemeketa.edu to be sure of the title, author, and edition
When you find your item click the Sign In link and use your regular Chemeketa student login to see the Request link.
Click the Request Chemeketa item link.
Pick your delivery location from the dropdown menu. Delivery to standard pickup locations is free. Home delivery by mail is available for an $8 fee. If you need to change your home address, do that first in My Chemeketa and wait a day before requesting.
Click the Request button to finish your request.
The screen will show a confirmation message if there are any copies available for requesting.
Searching by Key Words
Try to search by distinctive words that will combine to find your item, for example:
Getting Reference Help
- E-mail a Question to Reference
- Phone Reference at 503.399.5231
- Chat reference: Please use the form below
- We recommend that you include an e-mail address so that you can receive a transcript of your chat and so the library can send you any followup help.