Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New York Times Subscription is Free
Steps to create a New York Times account:
3. In the alphabetical navigation bar, click 'N'
5. Click the button that says 'Create Account'
6. Enter your Chemeketa Community College email address and password of your choice
7. Choose the 'Student' button, then pick a graduation date (hint - it isn't picky, choose 2021, 2023, or whatever)
8. Optional alternate email - your choice
9. Optional button to receive NY Times updates - your choice
10. Click the button that says 'Sign Up'
Current Events and Debatable Topics Databases
Some article databases have a lot of content about current events and debatable topics. (CQ Researcher is also a great source for choosing a topic.)
Find more articles in magazines, journals, and newspapers:
Find articles in reference books:
Getting Reference Help
E-mail a Question to Reference
Phone Reference at 503.399.5231
Chat reference: Please use the form below
We recommend that you include an e-mail address so that you can receive a transcript of your chat and so the library can send you any followup help.