Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Remote Operation Notice
The library is currently in remote operation and printing in the physical library is unavailable at this time.
How to Print Wirelessly
Only files in PDF format can be printed on the wireless network. Documents in Word, Excel, Google communication tools, or PowerPoint must be saved as PDFs first. Other types of files can be converted using free browser plug-ins or free software.
- Go to http://printcenter.chemeketa.edu/. Use your My Chemeketa user name and password to log in.
- Choose Web Print from the menu.
- Click Submit a Job on the Web Print screen.
- There is only one printer enabled for wireless printing, so you don't have to choose; click Print Options And Account Selection.
- Click Upload Documents.
- Use the Browse to find the document you want to print,
- Click Upload and Complete.
- Your print job will be listed with the status, "Held in a queue." You may pick it up in the Salem Library Print Center (9/214), in the Tutoring Center (2/210), or at the Yamhill Valley campus Library/Open lab (YVC 1/200, 202).
- Swipe your card on the printer unit.
- Your print job will display on the control pad. Choose and print.
Wireless printing didn't work? Only PDF files can be printed wirelessly. Please see Saving/conversion to PDF help. ►
Tip - printing from home: Print jobs stay in the queue for twenty hours, so you can send a print job from home and pick it up later at the library or tutoring center.
Saving/Conversion to PDF Help
MS Office Software
Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, have the ability to save a file as a PDF. Choose File menu, Save as, Save as type, PDF.
Google Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.
The Google Drive has an option in the File menu to download a document as a PDF file.
In Google Mail the option for PDF is in the print dialog. Click the Print button, then in the print dialog click Change. Choose the destination Save as PDF.
Apple Pages Documents
Please see How to Convert .pages to .pdf.
Free Browser Plug-Ins
Other Free Options
Free conversion software and sites are available.