Use this space to look for electronic or paper journals.
Library Search is used to find books, articles and media available at Chemeketa and other libraries that Chemeketa shares materials with. It can be used to search for journals both in print and online.
1. Do a keyword search. Use the box above to search and have your search automatically limited to journals and annual publications.
2. Make a choice on the results list. A journal name will often - but not always - begin with "The Journal of..." or some variation on that. Not every title on the results list is a journal, so you may have to try more than one. Click on the name of a publication for more information.
3. Click on View It. A box should pop up with the name of at least one database where full text for that journal is available. Some examples of databases you may see listed are Gale Cengage Academic OneFile, Elsevier Science Direct Health and Life Sciences Collection and DOAJ Directory of Open Access Journals.
4. Click on the name of a database. From off campus you will be prompted to enter your My Chemeketa username and password. DOAJ is an exception; because it is open access, it does not require login.
5. Read the publication description page. This page will vary depending on the database you are in. Take some time to read the page looking for indications that the publication is scholarly. If it is described as a trade publication or popular magazine, it is not a scholarly journal.
6. Choose a full text article from a journal. Not all journals provide online full text access to articles. The publication description page should tell you whether or not full text articles are available.
Chemeketa Community College Library | library.chemeketa.edu | 503.399.5231 | E-mail Reference Librarians