The student logs in to the Library Search
, finds a desired item, and clicks "get it" to request
1. The student places the request using their MyChemeketa username and password (if not already signed in)
2. The student receives an email that the item has arrived (check your college email account)
3. The student comes to campus, visits the library (building 9, second floor) and checks out the item from the Chemeketa Campus Library Circulation desk
4. The student shows ID in the form of a student body card
4. The student may not appear as "registered" in the library system because of incompatibilities between the CCN registration timeline and the college registration technology. However- we can manually update her in the library system as long as we have verification that she is a current CCN students. This could happen a couple of ways:
- The instructor or librarian sends us a class list in advance
- The instructor or librarian sends us an email with info about particular students who are requesting books
The student will be the one responsible for the item. Replacement fees for items borrowed through Summit start at a minimum of $90. Keep track of your Summit items and return them here.
Students come to campus to check out the books. The students will be responsible for checking their MyChemeketa email accounts for courtesy messages about due dates, and for making sure the item is returned correctly (i.e., to Chemeketa or a Summit library, NOT the public library).
This is all typical of the initiative and responsibility we expect to see in college students, and from what I've seen, our CCN students are up to the challenge. Also, picking up Summit items means visiting the college campus which is something we really encourage!